Sunday, November 18, 2007
1.. I know that I have the ability to achieve the object of my Definite Purpose in life, therefore, I DEMAND of myself persistent, continuous action toward its attainment, and I here and now promise to render such action.
2.. I realize the dominating thoughts of my mind will eventually reproduce themselves in outward, physical action, and gradually transform themselves into physical reality, therefore, I will concentrate my thoughts for thirty minutes daily, upon the task of thinking of the person I intend to become, thereby creating in my mind a clear mental picture of that person.
3.. I know through the principle of auto-suggestion, any desire that I persistently hold in my mind will eventually seek expression through some practical means of attaining the object back of it, therefore, I will devote ten minutes daily to demanding of myself the development of SELF-CONFIDENCE.
4.. I have clearly written down a description of my DEFINITE CHIEF AIM in life, and I will never stop trying, until I shall have developed sufficient self-confidence for its attainment.
5.. I fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure, unless built upon truth and justice, therefore, I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself.
I will sign my name to this formula, commit it to memory, and repeat it aloud once a day, with full FAITH that it will gradually influence my THOUGHTS and ACTIONS so that I will become a self-reliant, and successful person.
This is just a small fraction on this topic. The important fact about it is - it WORKS for the glory and success of you, IF it is used constructively.
I use this Self-Confidence Formula every morning and all I can say is: DO IT! Every morning when you wake up start with your own Self-Confidence Formula. Take the time for it. Stand up 45 minutes before the rest of the family, tell it to yourself with full FAITH that it will gradually influence your THOUGHTS and ACTIONS .
Use it constructively and achieve whatever you want.
Monday, October 29, 2007
1) First you need to identify in what areas of your life you need to gain more self-control. Where do you find yourself lacking in self-control?
Possible areas could be:
2) Try identifying the emotions that lack control, such as anger, dissatisfaction, unhappiness, resentment, pleasure or fear.
3) Identify the thoughts and beliefs that push you to behave in uncontrolled manner.
4) Several times a day, especially when you need to display self control, repeat for a minute or two one of the following affirmations:I am fully in control of myself.I have the power to choose my emotions and thoughts.Self-control brings me inner strength and leads me to success.I am in control of my reactions.I am in charge of my behavior.I am gaining control of my emotions.I am the maser of my life.Day by day my ability to control my feelings and thoughts is increasing.Self-control is fun and pleasure.
5) Visualize yourself acting with self-control and self-restraint. Take one of the instances where you usually act with lack of control, and visualize that you are acting calmly and with self-mastery.
6) Your self control will improve considerably, if you work on developing and strengthening your willpower and self-discipline through appropriate exercises. This is actually the most important step for developing self control.
Self control is vital for controlling and overcoming obsessions, fears, addictions and any kind of unsuitable behavior. It puts you in control of your life, your behavior and your reactions. It improves your relationships, develops patience and tolerance and is an important tool for attaining success and happiness.
By developing and strengthening your willpower and self discipline, you develop and strengthen your self control.
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
The best way to protect yourself from negative external influences is by gaining mental mastery. This means the ability to reject unwanted thoughts and think only on what you choose to think. It also means gaining inner peace, which cannot be disturbed. This of course requires inner work, persistence and dedication.
Affirmations can assist in making yourself immune against what you mentioned in your message, if you repeat them often, and with faith and conviction. They add to your inner strength and confidence and enable you to resist negative influences.
Here are a few affirmations that might help you:
# I am an island of peace, which nothing can disturb.
# I have full control of my mind and thoughts.
# I have a very strong protective aura.
# People respect me and love to help me.
# The Universe is constantly sending me powerful protective energy.
# I am surrounded by a protective aura that lets in only positive and good thoughts.
# I possess emotional and mental detachment, which protect me from other people's moods, emotions and thoughts.
# I radiate feelings and thoughts of love and forgiveness.
Expecting some situation or event to happen, and completely believing that it will happen, can attract or create it in your life. It is the same power at work whether you are expecting some positive event or a negative one.
What is expectation? It is the certainty and lack of doubt that something is going to happen. When we expect something positive we call it hope, but if it is something negative we call it worry.
In both cases certain thoughts with their accompanying emotions are held in the mind. They are often repeated, thus influencing the conscious and subconscious minds. This affects a person's behavior, actions and reaction, and also the people one meets.
Without even being aware, your expectations influence yourself and your environment, and ultimately draw into your life what you have expected.
It is not magic, but the work of natural laws.
It is up to you to choose to worry and expect difficulties and hardships, or expect only the best and the positive in your life. It might not be so easy to alter your manner of thinking, yet it is possible. It is all a matter of habit.
Monday, September 17, 2007
The difference between can and cannot are only three letters.
Here are a few tips for increasing happiness in daily life:
1) Endeavor to change the way you look at things. Always look at the bright side. The mind may drag you to think about negativity and difficulties. Don't let it. Look at the good and positive side of every situation.
2) Think of solutions, not problems.
3) Listen to relaxing, uplifting music.
4) Watch funny comedies that make you laugh.
5) Each day, devote some time to reading a few pages of an inspiring book or article.
6) Watch your thoughts. Whenever you catch yourself thinking negative thoughts, start thinking of pleasant things.
7) Always look at what you have done and not at what you haven't.Sometimes you may begin the day with the desire to accomplish several objectives. At the end of the day you might feel frustrated and unhappy, because you haven't been able to do all of those things.
Look at what you have done, not at what you have not been able to do. You may have accomplished a lot during the day, and yet you let yourself become frustrated, because of some small things that you did not accomplish. You have spent all day successfully carrying out many plans, and instead of feeling happy and satisfied, you look at what was not accomplished and feel unhappy. It is unfair toward yourself.
8) Each day do something good for yourself. It can be something small, such buying a book, eating something you love, watching you favorite program on TV, going to a movie, or just having a stroll on the beach.
9) Each day do at least one act to make others happy. This can be a kind word, helping your colleagues, stopping your car at the crossroad to let people cross, giving your seat in a bus to someone else, or giving a small present to someone you love. The possibilities are infinite. When you make someone happy, you become happy, and then people try to make you happy.
10) Always expect happiness.
11) Do not envy people who are happy. On the contrary, be happy for their happiness.
12) Associate with happy people, and try to learn from them to be happy. Remember, happiness is contagious.
13) Do your best to stay detached, when things do not proceed as intended and desired.
Detachment will help you stay calm and control your moods and reactions. Detachment is not indifference. It is the acceptance of the good and the bad and staying balanced. Detachment has much to do with inner peace, and inner peace is conductive to happiness.
14) Smile more often.
Thursday, September 13, 2007